Volkova Natalija Valentinovna, Candidate of biological sciences, associate professor, head of sub-department of chemistry and theory and methodology of chemistry teaching, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Vernigora Alexander Nikolaevich, Candidate of biological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of chemistry and theory and methodology of chemistry teaching, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Frolov Anatoly Valerievich, Master degree student, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. Impurities of 2-furaldehyde may be present in polymeric materials, environmental objects, rectified alcohol, food products. In connection with the toxicity of aldehydes, an important task is to develop and improve methods for their quantification.
Materials and methods. The method of quantitative spectrophotometric determination based on the reaction of aldehydes with 2,4-dinitrophenilhydrazine with the formation of the corresponding hydrazones, which painted in wine-red color after adding alkali. The absorption spectra of solutions were recorded with a spectrophotometer Specord 40. The spectral data were processed using Microsoft Excel 2010.
Results. The authors have synthesized 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazone 2-furaldehyde, selected a wavelength for spectrophotometric determination. The influence of interaction time of furfural and 2,4-dinitrophenilhydrazine before addition of the alcoholic alkali solution to the furfural hydrazone on the spectral characteristics of the studied solutions and their stability. The researchers have built calibration models to determine 2-furaldehyde and calculated their metrological characteristics.
Conclusions. The authors have picked conditions for the quantitative spectrophotometric determination of furfural with the use of 2,4-dinitrophenilhydrazine. The proposed method can be used for quantitative determination of 2-furaldehyde in ethanol solutions.
1. Traven' V. F. Organicheskaya khimiya [Organic chemistry]. Moscow: Akademkniga, 2004, vol. 2, 582 p.
2. T. Uma Devi, Lawrenceb N., R. Ramesh Babuc, Ramamurthic K., Bhagavannarayanad G. Structural and optical characterization studies on 2,4-dinitrophenylhydrazine single crystal. 2010, vol. 9, no. 4, pp. 321–330.
3. Volkova N. V., Vernigora A. N., Rozhkov K. I., Martynov D. P. Vestnik Penzenskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of Penza State University]. 2016, no. 4, pp. 53–60.
4. Zolotov Yu. A. Osnovy analiticheskoy khimii [Basic analytical chemistry]. Moscow: Vyssh. shk., 2002, vol. 2, 494 p.
5. Sachin S. K., Tambe S. T., Grampurohit N. D., Gaikwad D. D. International journal of research in pharmacy and chemistry. 2012, vol. 4, pp. 1086–1092.
6. Korenman I. M. Fotometricheskiy analiz. Metody opredeleniya organicheskikh soedineniy [Photometric analysis. Organic compound determination methods]. Moscow: Khimiya, 1975, 358 p.
7. Malysheva Yu. B., Fedorov A. Yu., Starostina T. I. Identifikatsiya organicheskikh soedineniy [Identification of organic compounds]. Novosibirsk: Izd-vo NGU, 2010, 34 p.
8. Chakchir B. A., Alekseeva G. M. Fotometricheskie metody analiza: metod. ukazaniya [Photometric methods of analysis: guidelines]. Saint-Petersburg: Izd-vo SPKhFA, 2002, 44 p.
9. Siggia S., Khanna Dzh. G. Kolichestvennyy organicheskiy analiz po funktsional'nym gruppam [Quantitative organic analysis by functional groups]. Moscow: Khimiya, 1983, 672 p.